I was so excited when we offered to have Thanksgiving at our house this year. We moved into our first house this March. We thought it would be fun to have the dinner in our new home. Lani (my mother in-law) made the turkey stuffing and gravy. Cody and I had all the side dishes cooked up and ready when they arrived.
The menu:
Lani's perfect Turkey
Homemade Stuffing
Gravy
Deviled eggs
Asparagus rollups
Pan fried sweet potatoes
Sweet potato suprize
Garlic bacon green beans
Mashed potatoes
Canned corn
Rolls
Frozen pumpkin & dutch apple pies
Bread pudding
The kids got to pick which dish they wanted to help with.
Alliya picked Deviled eggs and did a wonderful job.
Elliot helped with the mashed potatoes, addding butter and milk and mashing.
Maybe next year we will make pies and rolls. I just didn't want to bite off to much this time.
I printed printed napkin rings and place cards off http://papercake.blogspot.com
I had a church dinner a few weeks back where I signed up to bring my place settings and "host" a table. That is where I tried the aparagus roll up too! I got to practice the tablescaping for our dinner.
Everything was so perfect and nice. I am so greatful to start the holiday season off with such a lovely peaceful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment